Saturday, May 14, 2011

bloggers quilt festival

I'm finally able to post about my latest quilting creation, and the timing could not be more perfect as its the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

I am extremely proud of this quilt, firstly, it is by far the largest quilt I have made (quite a jump up from the cot quilt!). Secondly, I lavished love and creativity into this over two months, as it was for a very special girl friend who go married last Saturday (thank you to Andy who listened to all my self-doubt as I made this one). I am fortunate to be close friends with both the bride and groom and was honoured to be a part of their bridal party. It was a lovely day, filled with laughter, great food and wine, a gorgeous bride and an estatic groom. It was one of those very special weddings that you hope to remember all the details of for a long time.

Back onto the quilt. It started with the feature fabric of the dress forms and lagoon kona solid. The inspiration came from Quilt Dad. A really easy pattern to construct and machine quilted by me. I under estimated the number of times I would need to turn the quilt in the machine and it was a sheer persistence that got me through once I had started. I'm back to constructing a cot quilt for some relief. I have a queen size quilt to finish once I complete this one and I think getting it machine quilted will be a wise choice. Enjoy the weekend and check out the creativity at the Bloggers Quilt Festival.




Quilt stats:
Pattern:Building Blocks Pattern from All People Quilt
Finished quilt: 50-1/2x59-1/2"

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt! I love the bright blue against the black and white. Really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combination that you used:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that little bit of green really adds spunk to your quilt. Quilting on a home sewing machine can be a bit of a challenge huh?! Sometimes, I just throw up my hands and send them to a quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous, I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color choices! This quilt is very pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright - if it were an animate object I would call it vivacious. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning quilt. The colours are wonderful. Great work with all the quilting, too! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete