Sunday, April 17, 2011

sunday stash #3

Hi everyone ....
Its been a great weekend with heaps of quilting. This weekend was the annual Australasian Quilting Convention . We are very priviliged to have this event in Melbourne and its a great opportunity to soak up inspiration as well as stock up on some quilting supplies (with over 200 retailers!). Here are a couple of photos of the supplies I picked up.
I was excited to pick up the first fabrics from Threadbear . The purple collection is so yummy and I already have plans to use these in a pillow. On the right is a pack from Ballarat Patchwork . A favourite store of mine, for the bright and modern fabric collection and inspiration. I try to pick up a pack each year and use throughout projects. Last year was a collection of grey, aqua and yellows (a couple of which are used below). Ballarat Patchwork is well worth a visit.

I also made good progress on my new quilt. These are the blocks, cut ready for sewing. By the end of today I have about half the blocks constructed. A great Sunday! Did I mention we had fantastic Autumn weather this weekend? Crisp and bright.
Hope your having a good weekend ....

1 comment: