Sunday, July 31, 2011

a sunny winters day

Hi everyone,
We have had the most amazing weather for a winters day in Melbourne today - the temperature got up to 19.4 degrees this afternoon. The washing dried outside and we soaked up the winter sunshine without heavy coats on. Bliss!
I squeezed in a couple hours of quilting this afternoon after it started to cool down. I'm working on a baby quilt which I'm calling "Bright Socks" and boy is it bright, even for me! I thought really hard about what design would work for one feature print, and 12 fat quarters of bright kona colours and have come up with this... I think the socks ground the brights but its certainly a happening quilt. Looking forward to this coming together. Hope your having a good weekend.
Amanda

sunday stash - little socksBright Socks fabrics

photo2550 or so blocks underway

photo26Bright Socks Design

1 comment:

  1. It's bright, a very happy bright. I'm pleased you soaked up the sunshine. We had another lovely winter's day here too.

    ReplyDelete